About Terry Hyde MA MBACP
I’m a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and abide by their code for ethical practice. I have been a psychotherapist/counsellor since 2010.
I started ballet classes at the age of 6, at 10 I was awarded a 5 year scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dance in London, later attending the Royal Ballet senior school. At 18 I joined the Royal Ballet and later moved to London’s Festival Ballet (now English National Ballet) as a soloist. After 5 years, I moved to musical theatre, performing in London’s West End, Film and TV.
Because of my own experiences as a performer I am able to bring a genuine understanding of the unique demands that are placed on dancers into my psychotherapy practice.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Introduction to Counselling (Open University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Wealden Psychology Institute)
- MA in Psychotherapy & Healing Practice (validated by Middlesex University)
- Certificate of Proficiency for BACP Register
- Diploma in Autism Awareness (Centre of Excellence)
- In addition to my private practice I have counselled students at both Southampton and Portsmouth University’s Counselling Services and also worked part-time counselling adolescents for a youth charity.
I’m on the Healthcare Practitioners Directory for both One Dance UK and BAPAM
Areas of Counselling I Deal With
For adults and adolescents, individual and couples
By clicking the items below a fuller description is given.